Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Retirement Card


I realized recently that my stash of retirement cards was nearly depleted, so I made this masculine version that I'll add to the pile. I embossed the newsprint background with the CB Clockworks ef and sponged antique linen and vintage photo inks around the edges. The clock and top sentiment are HA, and I put the red circle/slash over the clockface to indicate you no longer need to watch the time so carefully. The bottom sentiment is a stamp I found in a local $1 bin. I added gold embossed hands to the clock, and some assorted mini star brads here and there. There's another brad in the top turned-down corner but you can't see it too well in the picture.

I'm entering this over at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge #196 to use newspaper or a book page on your card.

I'm also taking this over to the Snippets Playground #109 since I used scraps of cardstock to put this together.

Make it a great Tuesday and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

10 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A great card. The newsprint goes so well with your retirement theme. Thank you, so much, for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Benzi said...

Oh, how fun that you put that red slash over the clock. I would never have thought to do that. This is a super card for the retirees. I like your turned down edge on that wonderful newsprint bg.

Stampsnob. said...

What a wonderful card Thanks for join us at SF&F.....Lis

jimlynn said...

Fantastic and I love the newsprint embossed like that. Great idea to put the slash through the clock too. VERY nice card.
Lynn

MaryH said...

Perfect retirement card. I liked all your thinking in this one's creation. Especially liked the detail of embossing on the word print with the cogs EF. Really a lot of wonderful detail on this one. TFS & Hugs. (we got a few snow flurries just a few minutes ago.Coming down a bit more as I type. Not enough to cover the ground I shouldn't think!)

Sarn said...

Super retirement card, def suitable for a male. xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Terrific retirement card. No time to watch at all. Love the sentiments and that clock.

Di said...

Absolutely brilliant Carol! I love the red slash across the clock face - a perfect touch!

Hugs, Di xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Retirement is great. so is this card.

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card!