Thursday, July 17, 2014

I Scream.....You Scream....


We all scream for ice cream!!
Summer weather always has me wanting the sweet taste of an icy cold ice cream treat, so today I'm sharing a couple cards I made with Deedee Anderson's Ice Cream Social digi stamp set.
I lined up all 3 images and printed them side-by-side because who can choose between those delicious flavors? I also printed some of the dsp that comes with this set, because it perfectly matches the images and just makes me think of summer fun. I added some Spica glitter pen accents to the ice cream and sprinkles, and added a cotton candy brad to the sentiment just for a little more sugary sweetness.


Here are the waffles cones that come in the Ice Cream Social set too, but I punched a few red circle "cherries" and stems, adding them to the cones and sentiment because it just seemed to be needed! Again, I printed one of the 3 papers included in the set, and used the same design as the card above, but with a slight difference in the sentiment. These are going to my DGD's out in Indiana, so that's why they're similar yet just different enough to make each one feel they got something special.

Are you playing along with our Deedee's July digi challenge?! Link up a card and Deedee will email you the August digi completely FREE! You still have over 2 weeks to enter, so what are you waiting for? Checkout all the details here!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful day!

Carol

11 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh, these looks good enough to eat Carol! lol I love, love both of your cards and I too love to have ice cream in the summer. I will be checking this set out and perhaps purchasing it. Love her digi's and love that she offers color and uncolored versions as well as digi papers with some sets. Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Oh yum and how real these look...I love choc and rum raisin icecream so that'll do please...love these gorgeous cards and the sentiment..xx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

jimlynn said...

Yummy looking!!!!!! I'll take the one on the first card with the sprinkles on top. Very cute on both cards Carol!
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute cards! Now you have me hungry for ice cream!

Donna Hanley said...

Oh decisions, decisions. Which one would I take, I guess maybe a little bit of all six. Your DGDs will both love these two cards. Love the cherries and stems. Have a marvelous day.

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh great, now I'm gonna have to make a trip to DQ ;) LOVE these yummy cards, Carole!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

They are some pretty special sweet treats! The cherries were super clever!

MaryH said...

Um Yum. Love my ice cream, and I'm going for the sugar cones too. The added cherries were just what I would order and I'm loving the digi dp. Gotta go check that out. Both cards are cute as can be, and really make me want some of that sweet stuff. TFS & Hugs

Crafty Judith said...

These are gorgeous Carol could just eat one hadn t had ice cream for ages till I went to the cinema last night and ate a magnum (choc ice on stick) delicious! Super delicious cards hun love them hugs Judith xxx

Sandy said...

These looks simply yummy! I think I need an ice cream cone today! LOL! I do love how you gave the pop of a cherry, how you lined up a variety and the great colors! Great touch of Cotton Candy brad!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Shhh.... all this screaming. Just before I read your post I was thinking how a stop at the Quick Mart near home was in order to procure drumstix! I had to have one last Friday too. I had to share with the cats. Maybe 7 drumstix are in order... one for hubby, one for me, one each cat..... or not. Just one all for me! All for me! bawhahahaha (evil laughter). Gorgeous scrumptious cards. I'm not sure I can wait another 2 hours.