Friday, October 23, 2015

Origami Christmas Tree


I've had a few pieces of this BG dsp in my stash for quite a few years. It was left over from a paper pad and I had no idea how to use it, as it had text on a greenish-brown color with big printed "R" letters on it. I decided to make an origami tree by cutting it into smaller pieces, and I was happy with the way it turned out. I added a tiny snippet of embossed kraft cardstock for a tree trunk, then I placed it on a vanilla circle, die cut with a MFT stitched circle, and added a sentiment done in black. I used some gold glitter paper to punch the star which added just enough sparkle to make it feel more like Christmas. The background paper is another piece of BG from the same paper pad.

I'm sharing this over at the Snippets Playground #199, while I'm adding it to my growing box of cards to donate to the "Caring Hearts Card Drive" going on from October 3rd to November 27th. Click the logo on my sidebar for all the details, and hopefully you can make a few Christmas cards to send in too! The cards are donated to nursing homes to bring a little cheer to the elderly during the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great weekend!

Carol

19 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh my gosh, Carol, this is absolutely gorgeous. I expect a lesson on how to do this, please! I know you know that I a low on paper... especially Basic Grey! LOL!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation Carol, you are just so clever.xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my! I used to make these - a GREAT way to use up Holiday paper!

Barb said...

What a great idea for using your paper Carol and the tree looks fantastic. A lovely Christmas card.Barbxx

Nancy said...

It's a really beautiful card, Carol! I love the great dimension of the tree! :o)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Carol, this beautiful card is so clever! Very original!
The scrap of dp you used is just perfect to make the tree, it has some tones and shadow, fabulous! The white circle diecut make a perfect spot that catches eyes!

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
what a great designed card, and lovely colour paper used.
Snap great crafty minds think alike as I did a similar origami tree a month ago.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Di said...

This is snippets in perfection honey! OMG this week will be just too difficult for picks - Mr Random here I come ........... joke!

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

Hi Carol, I love your paper folded tree set against the white circle. The DP is gorgeous, I love the beautiful muted colours and the gold sparkle star gives a nice festive finish.
Jean x

jimlynn said...

Sensational little Christmas tree! Wow! Love the paper you used for it too. VERY, VERY pretty and a wonderful use of snippets.
Lynn

Meggie Cardoso said...

Thank you for your visit!!! Happy you liked!! This Xmas card is gorgeous!!!

Donna Hanley said...

What a fantastic job you did in making that tree. Just gorgeous and it looks very nice sitting on that circle. This will warm someone's heart as well as a smile to their face. Have a good weekend.

Stampsnob. said...

Lucky person who receives this I guess that will be hand delivered Beautiful job...Lis

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a clever way to use your left over paper - your tree is brilliant.
Pauline
x

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with this tree! Been a while since I made one of these...You have definitely inspired me!

Hettie said...

This is a gorgeous card Carol. I love it!!
Hugs
xx

*Vicki* said...

Those papers look really awesome and I love the idea of using up those papers we never seem to quite get rid of!! :) The tree looks amazing!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a great tree. I've made these before and you just never know how they will turn out with the patterned paper. Very nice!

MaryH said...

Aw, more quilt folding on this Country Christmas tree. Long ago, I made ornaments using this folded square technique, so I'm loving that you used it to craft this wonderful dimensional tree. Excellent use of snippets. So pretty against the stitched white circle with the rustic colors of the background. You know I love this one!!! TFS & Hugs (I wonder if I remember how to make these folds, and I didn't know it was origami!)