Monday, March 28, 2016

Playing with Inks



I've been experimenting with distress inks and watercolor cardstock lately and have fallen in love with this color combination. I used some Ranger Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon inks, sponging them randomly on some wc paper. After it was completely dry (overnight) I pulled out a retired background stamp from SU! called "stitched", spritzed it with water and stamped it onto the inked paper. The magic happens instantly, and you get the coolest backgrounds! I added a diagonal stitched die cut panel by Lil Inker in black, and heat-embossed a Hero Arts sentiment with white embossing powder. The base panel was cut with Lil Inker stitched rectangles and the final touch was to add some matching gemstones from Pizzazz Aplenty in colors of lavender, green and aqua.


I sponged another piece of wc paper with the same colors, and used the same background stamp with water, but for this one I added a die cut sentiment done with the back cover of a paper pad and an Elizabeth Craft designs die. I omitted the gemstones because I wanted that bold sentiment to take center stage.
I'll probably make more cards using this technique and different background stamps, but these really jump out at me! I think it's those vibrant colors! I may have to invest in more of those new Ranger distress ink colors :)

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a great week ahead!

Carol


11 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

...And I falled in love too with your fabulous backgrounds, my friend!!!! Love, oh, love very much this colours combo, it's one of my ever favourite! And such a great movement on this background! FANTASTIC! This is a technique that I always want to try, thanks for remembering it to me!
I think that your choose of a black diagonal stripe with a white sentiment is fantastic, the amazing bright colours pop out from the card and the sentiment too!! Well done!
Love expecially the first one with the tiny rainbow gems, sparkling alaways make me feel happy :D
Hugs!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a fresh color combination, I love that technique!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It is an awesome color combo. I really like the effect you get stamping with a damp stamp. Too nifty.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These are just fabby, Carol! Coll technique and gorgeous colors.

aussie aNNie said...

This is such a lovely card with fabulous effects. Love the whole design and colour combo.xx
 {aNNie}

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Carol, gorgeous colours.
Pauline
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What wonderful results you have achieved by "playing" beautiful backgrounds

Hettie said...

Love Love LOVE this card. The colours are just glorious and the technique looks fabulous.
Hugs
xx

Jean said...

Fabulous backgrounds, gorgeous colours and a cool technique.
Jean x

Brenda said...

Wow Carol! I love these cards! The backgrounds are so cool and I am loving those colors together as well. I'm gonna have to give this technique a try as well. Trouble is I say that and then forget what it was that I wanted to try. I think I'm gonna have to keep a notebook with notes in it on techniques that I want to try. lol Love, love, love the cards my friend! Hugs, Brenda

sendasmile4kids said...

Love, love, love! Beautiful backgrounds. I am definitely going to try this one.