Friday, June 16, 2017

Summer Paradise


I have a big paper pad of black and white dsp I bought for a song, so I pulled out a piece of text paper and decided to ink it up with some distress inks by sponging randomly until I liked the result. I had a play with a Cheery Lynn French Lattice die using some GinaK blue raspberry cardstock to make the coverall for the sponged text dsp. I stamped a SNSS image on white, and paper pieced the umbrella with some of the sponged text dsp, then colored in the rest with Copics and markers. The image panel was cut with a MFT stitched circle die, while the yellow mat was die-cut with a GinaMarieDesigns stitched square. I have an old set of wooden stick stamps with a summer theme, so I added a little pineapple cocktail to the chair, and some flip-flops to the sentiment panel that were both colored with glaze pens. I had a large piece of sponged paper left, so I made a matching envelope flap to mail this card in.

I'm entering this card into the Use Your Stuff #267 challenge which is to use warm, summery colors.

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great Friday!

Carol

14 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a great summery card! I love the image (colored perfectly) and the background is fun. The little flip flops by the sentiment are super cute. Great use of your paper!

cotnob said...

A lovely bright, summery card Carol, a great little beach scene and your background is fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE it, so cheery and gorgeous. Great background.x [aNNie]

Wendy said...

Totally loving this summer time scene, Carol! Love what you did with the black & white paper and by sponging it, it gave it a whole other look which is so pretty! Love the chair & drink image! Sure wish I was sitting in it on a beach somewhere! Did I hear you say it was 5 o'clock
somewhere??!!! Awesome card today! TFS and have yourself a happy Friday! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Carol!!! This is a super card, LOVE it soooo much! Brilliant idea inking up your black and white paper, this background looks really fabulous and warm! Amazing paper piecing, too, and wonderful details with the pineapple cocktail and the flip-flops!! Great card!
Pinned! :)
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524492047674/
I woud like being on that chair! LOL :D

Darnell said...

I'm calling winner-winner-chicken-dinner on this, Carol! I have a half a drawer of that b/w text paper and I never in a million years would have thought to color it up. Thank you for the inspiration! It worked beautifully and made a perfect background for your par-a-dise beach and drinkie-poo scene!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. What song did you sing? Is there a video?)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What an amazing beach scene! When I saw that piece of colored paper on your desk, I never imagined it would turn into this fun, summery card! You sure did rock your stash with this one. I am in total agreement with Darnell!

Jenée said...

WOW! This card is stunning. I so like the use of the colors and inks on the background paper. The paper piecing and the die cut add a nice visual texture. Beautifully done.

Janice M said...

I just love love love the colors/background you have created for this card! That blue really makes it all pop and come together! Beautiful and now I want to go to the beach!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! YES, me thinks Paradise too, when I see that beautifully coloured image, great colours.
Faith
x

Chris C said...

That really does look like paradise! Thanks so much for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a wonderful card--that does look like paradise with all those warm happy colors. The lattice was a clever idea.

Barb said...

A stunning summery card. I really love everything about this lovely card. Barbxx

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love this colorful summer scene. Wait, you didn't get me in the picture. I want to be there. :)