Friday, May 18, 2018

Playing with Colors


I had a play with my distress inks and 2 coordinating Dahlia stencils from Altenew. I used worn lipstick, squeezed lemonade and citron to create the background. I die cut the GMD birthday wishes sentiment from citron and worn lipstick, adding black die-cuts beneath them to help them stand out a little more. I went with some light summery colors and needed the touch of black so they didn't blend completely into the stenciled background. I added some tiny black gemstones to finish this card. I'm not so sure I like this - I'm thinking it may have looked better if I'd done the sentiment words in black. I may die-cut them in black and layer them on top before I'm ready to mail this card.


Thanks for stopping by and do have yourself a wonderful Friday!

Carol

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are so pretty! I haven’t seen these stencils before. You have done a great job with them, looks flawless!

Liz said...

Lovely design, Carol. I love the sentiment in the colours you've used, I think black may have looked to harsh against the beautiful background. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love the effect of the same tones for the background and the sentiment! Your stenciled panel looks great!!! Well done!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a fabulous background and lovely colours - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is such a gorgeous card and I think I have those stencils and never got to using them. I best get busy and dig them out soon as this card is awesome in every way. I love the colors.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is one gorgeous stencil, my friend. You are so right about it being summery. I might like the black, but I do like it this way, also.

Marina said...

I love these colours - they have great presence.

Claire said...

What a smashing stencil and you've achieved a lovely fresh card with the colours you've chosen. I think the sentiment would work in black but is lovely as is x

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and that stencil you used is so pretty. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Wendy said...

Wowzers, I thought this was a card made with paper but a stencil?! It's beautiful and I love the colors! I like your sentiment done in the same colors....keeps the card soft and pretty! :)

Inkyfingers said...

Those colours are perfect for the gorgeous dahlias Carol and the shadowed sentiment really pops!

JD/ Jill said...

Neat background, Carol I also like the colors you Used. Nice Cheery Card!

Stampin Mindy said...

I love the way you did your background. I think the sentiment looks awesome the way it is. Black would look good too, but honestly this way looks really pretty, too. I love how you added green to the pink flowers.Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Stencil Challenge.

♥Mindy